Been awhile since I posted a recibe.
I like lamb. I like meatloaf.
I can eat it and enjoy it if it’s done right. My destroyed throat works better with softer foods.
So I decided to do a lamb meatloaf, sort of a stuffed pepper/cabbage thing and use rice instead of breadcrumbs. I found a recipe, and modified it to my tastes. So here we go;
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 medium onion, diced fine
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced fine
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a loaf pan. I used a Lodge cast iron one.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, beef, eggs, and rice. Mix well. Use your hands.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, basil, and cinnamon. Mix well, making sure spices are thoroughly spread throughout mixture.
- Transfer mixture into prepared loaf pan. I sprinkled breadcrumbs and squirted ketchup on the top.
- Bake until it reaches 155 degrees. I used a convection oven with a probe. It was done in like 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand approximately 15 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh, chopped parsley.
Have to say, it was really nice. Perfect texture for me.
I had it with a baked tater, although mashed taters would be better. I added some collard greens reheated, from another meal.
Happy stomach tonight.